If you love outing with your friends and family then you might know the importance of having a backpacking tent. If buying one has crossed your mind recently, then we are here to help you. As we know there are plenty of options available in the market today, it can be hard to choose which one you should buy. You’ll have to know the reason and type of camping you like to do or what weather you are going to face.
So, here we are going to give you basic information on what is important to look at the time of purchase so you can enjoy the camping. We will list down some backpack tent that will be in your budget and be with you for longer. So let’s start:
The 7 Best Backpacking Tents – 
- Mountainsmith Morrison 2 Person 3 Season Tent
- MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2-Person Tent
- Teton Sports Mountain Ultra Tent
- Hyke & Byke Zion Two Person Backpacking Tent
- Kelty Salida Camping and Backpacking Tent
- Big Agnes Copper Hotel HV UL Backpacking Tent
- ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 2-Person Tent
Best Backpacking Tent
The Best Backpacking Tent Reviews
- Interior Space: 35 Square Feet
- Can accommodate 2 people
- Peak height 43 inch
- Vestibule area 17 square feet
- Comes with Two Doors
This is the best Backpacking Tent that is perfect for any outing with family and friends. It has two doors so you can easily access one of them or booth conveniently. It is made for two people and can accommodate two people with ample space left so you don’t feel congested. It can stand by up to three seasons and this is why it is known as the best freestanding backpacking tent.
This backpacking tent has fly ventilation windows to offer proper air flow across the tent. It comes with bathtub floor construction and clip-pole accessory to make it lightweight and provide better breath-ability. It also facilitates with reflective guidelines with tension lock cord alteration. It has all the Set-up instructions printed on the stuff sack. Inside the tent, you get mesh storage pockets to keep your small belongings safe.
- Can accommodate 2 people
- Freestanding Durable Tent
- Floor Area: 29 sq. feet
- Peak height: 39 inches
- Vestibule area: 17.5 sq. feet
It is a lightweight backpacking tent that has livability for 2-person. It is a camping tent that bunched down small for back-country adventures. Pole design maximizes room with 29 sq. feet of floor area and the interior peak height of 39 inches. The complete setup weighs 3.8 lbs and has several modest arrangement options that use trails, poles, and rain-fly.
The body of the tent has two doors, mesh boards for breath-ability, and solid panels for heat and seclusion. It includes one united hub-and-pole system, rain-fly, stakes, and guy lines. It is a prototypical 3-season backpacking tent which is extremely easy to hold, swift to arrange, and have ample room for outings.
It lives at the junction of lightweight and inhabitable. It can easily occupy you and your belonging that you might have carried with you. The mesh pocket inside the tent can easily hold you small belongings like your earplugs, charger, spectacles, phones and etc.
- Rough and Watertight Tent
- Weighs: 5 pounds
- Design: Freestanding and one pole
- Made with Durable Oxford footprint
- Heat taped seams and anchor points
This is a backpacking tent that has a rugged design to provide versatility to the tent. The new two-person and three-season Morrison tent is an additional solid accumulation to the row. It has a well-built and water resistance features to circulate abundance of light, and best ventilation. It has large mesh wall panels and a bathtub floor with taped seams to maintain the interior dry.
It is a freestanding, one-pole design backpacking tent that has color-coded fly add-on system which means you can situate the tent up in minutes. All the instructions are expediently printed on the material sack for fast reference. Ultra micro-mesh tent offers the ideal aeration that cuts down significantly on the compression build up.
- Lightweight and Durable
- Freestanding and 2 poles
- Mesh Detachable Ceiling
- Two vestibule design for gear storage
- Waterproof and spacious
This ultra lightweight no-see backpacking tent is made with ultralight top excellence material to give it uppermost warmness. It has aluminum alloy stakes and a proprietary stake presser. It has 2 poles with a Clip-pole attachment that gives it better breath-ability. It is perfect for 3 seasons that can stand by weather.
This backpacking sleeping bag is waterproof and has ample space to accommodate 2 people easily. It has bathtub floor, and taped floor closures to keep rain out in tempestuous climate. It comes with two door and corner pockets to give you additional space. It comes with a bag to pack the tent and make it small for transportation.
- Wall material: 68D Polyester
- Accommodate one person
- Floor area: 20 ft²
- Height: 38 in
- Tent Length: 86 in
It is a backpack-friendly tent that has compact folding poles, Gear loft loops, Color implicit clip and flies connection. The wall of the tent is made with 68D Polyester and has 40D No-See-Um Mesh. The floor material is of 68D Nylon to add on more in durability.
It comes with roll top cube carry bag and can easily set up. It is a free-standing mesh tent that has entry D door and several internal storage pockets which are constructed with fully seam taped. This backpacking tent is a big all-around, frivolous camping tent that provides a roomy interior to offer backpackers a contented back-country escape.
It has everything to occupy your belongings while traveling. The small pockets inside the tent can hold your small belongings safely.
- Water Resistant and Durable
- Made with rip-stop nylon
- Large dual zipper doors
- Lightweight and High Strength
- Polyester mesh pockets
It is one of high-quality backpacking tent that has 4-way high volume hub plan to augment power by 25% and the use-able interior size by 20%. The fly and floor are silicone treated and proprietary decorated randomly with rip-stop nylon and 1200 mm waterproof polyurethane covering.
This feature is made with an elevated obstinacy fiber and elevated thread count which augment fabric non-tearing power by 25%, reduces the weight of the material and perk up water resistance. The body of the tent is made with nylon and polyester breathable mesh. All seams are taped with water-resistant, solvent-free polyurethane.
It is ultralight for backpacking shelters and designed with a high quantity hub to maximize strength and boost living space with no added weight. It has large dual zipper doors and more comfortable interior.
- Two vestibules for extra storage space
- Freestanding Two Pole Design
- Resist Water and UV Damage
- Center Height: 46″
- Base Size: 5′ x 7’6
This is a free-standing backpacking Tents that has an aluminum two-pole design to set up easily. It is fully equipped with 8 zippers, storeroom pockets, wagers, guy ropes, and two doors. It is filled with features and high values that makes it one of the best-selling tents. This tent has more mesh which takes up half of the walls on all side permitting even more freshening.
The tent is simple to set up, 2 poles rectangular arena style tent with pole clips that can effortlessly fit over the poles for fast gathering. It has not cut any corners and has sealed fly and bottom seams with durable fly buckles, and 2 vestibules for extra gear storage.
Things to Check before Buying Backpack Tents
Length of the Backpack Tents determines the capacity of how many people can be in the tent at a time. It will basically work like a measurement to tell you how many sleeping bags can fit in and what is the area it will cover? For example, if you are buying a 2-person tent then it will accommodate two people which will not come with extra storage or elbow room. You’ll also get a 4-person tent which will be more comfortable for two people. You will get extra space to stretch and you can also store your gears. If you are going with family then having a 6-person tent is a must.
Backpack Tents get distinguished at the scale of seasons too. It is a parameter to judge the quality of Backpack Tents for how it is going to withstand the weather. For that, you have to have the knowledge of weather on the location you are going for camping.
They are categorized in 2-season, 3-season, 3-4-season, and 4 season tents. 2 Seasons Backpack Tents are designed for good weather only because it cannot hold more than minor wind and rain. 3 Season tents are good for spring, summer, and fall because it can easily hold up to heavy rains and strong winds. 3-4Season Tent is different than 3-season tents. It can hold colder, wetter, and windier conditions and it can also do best in early spring and late fall.
Tent livability shows the interior of your Backpack Tents. Not to forget, even Backpack Tents come with different interior designs and features. Do not forget to check the volume of the Backpack Tents which will show how much space the tent has inside. If you want a spacious one then do not purchase a Backpack Tents with steeply-angled walls. The highest point of Backpack Tents shows the height of it from the ground.
Storage Tips for Backpack Tents
- Store it in a clean place which doesn’t have any dirt. After use also shake the tent to get rid of any dirt.
- Do not store Backpack Tents. It will damage the material of Backpack Tents. Double check before storing it that your tent is completely dry. It doesn’t have to rain, you tent could get damp but the moisture in the environment. Hang the tent out for overnight to completely dry it.
- Store the tent in a dry and cool place. Do not store the tent where you can find the slightest sign of moisture. It can damage the quality of Backpack Tents. Always store it where the place doesn’t get direct and harsh sunlight and is completely out of any moisture.
- For the ideal storage, it is advisable to store it unpacked. If you have ample space and can store it without packing then you should keep it outside the bag. It will prevent any growth of bacteria or mildew growth.
Cleaning of Backpack Tents
- Using the right product to clean it is extremely important. Always clean your Backpack Tents with a non-abrasive sponge and cold water. Avoid scented soap and use an unscented non-detergent soap. Scented soap can attract bugs, mice, and other animals and cause break down in the waterproofing
- Do not use a scrubber to scrub the Backpack Tents as it can damage the material. Always scrub by hand and use a very light pressure with your non-abrasive sponge. Rinse it off with cold water.
- Do not use the washing machine to clean it. If you use the washing machine to clean your Backpack Tents then it can damage the waterproofing and will also stretch out the fabric.
Using Technique of Backpack Tents
- Always purchase Backpack Tents which come with a manual guide. It will show you all about the using technique of it. Read the manual carefully which is provided by the owner when you buy a new tent. If you are beginner then using the manual to use the Backpack Tents will come in handy quickly.
- If you are a beginner then setting the camp at home first is an extremely important step. Do not go out on field without checking each and everything at your home. Doing so will let you have the information on how to quickly fix the tent when out. Especially when you are heading on a rainy weather, you never know when you are going to need a camp.
So now we have given you all the basic information on how one should purchase Backpack Tents. Apart from this, you have got few additional tips and tricks on safety, cleaning and storage of Backpack Tents. Fix your budget and once you know the budget then you can go out and buy a tent for you and your family outing. Do not forget to ask as many questions as you can to the manufacturer so you can get the detailed information of Backpack Tents. So, wait no more and start camping that you have been planning from past. We really hope you have a great time camping with your loved one.
For more of our top gear recommendations, check out these popular outdoor gear guide links : Best Ultralight Tents | Best Personal Locator Beacons (GPS Tracker ) | Best Bear Sprays | Best Outdoor Watches | Best Hiking Pants | Best Hiking Shorts | Best All Mountain Snowboard | Best Snowboarding Jackets | Best Men’s All Mountain Skis | Best Snowboard Goggles | Best Ski and Snowboard Roof Racks